Before you start reading this article you need to understand how to best choose a dog ramp for assisting your dog up any object they want to access. Thanks to rangersdog.com/dog-ramps for gifting us this article.
Getting in and out of a car is simple for most humans but for a variety of reasons, it can be a real chore for a dog. The three main points to consider when choosing a dog ramp are:
- The exact height of the object be it, car, sofa, boat or deck you want your pet to reach
- The level of mobility impairment your dog is facing,
- How bad is the impairment getting and usually it will considering the dogs age, arthritis etc
Once the above consideration buying guides have been assessed, you can decide which dog ramp to pick depending on the characteristics listed below.
How Big Should the Ramp be?
Indoor and outdoor dog ramps help your dog avoid too much jumping and avoids joint and hip issues developing. One of the key benefits is preventing on-the-spot injuries and long-term complications such as joint pain and hip dysplasia.
As a prospective buyers you might encounter these 3 choices for your dogs telescopic ramp and folding ramp:
- Dog Ramps — advocated by vets for older dogs as they are flat inclined ramp ideal for dogs with mobility challenges and suffering from arthritis or hip dysplasia
- Dog Stairs — Ideal for small doys & toy dogs like chihuahua and usually come starndard with more than four stair steps. These steps aid your dog climb easily on the sofa or on your bed without any assistance from you
- Dog Steps — based on my research I, have found majority of the dog steps come with 1 to 3 steps and are aimed for medium dog breeds.
Best Dog Ramps UK
The most expensive ramp aren’t necessary the best dog ramps. However, we have done extensive research online and having had a few dog ramps before I know what to look out for which is why I have recommended these dog ramps since most of us are out with our dogs alot and we dont need to lift them after a long tiring walk. When we are tired we are more prone to injuiries ourselves and having a dog ramp will reduce the chances of injuring your back too. The material used to make dog ramps have been carefully chosen to make them lightweight and hence why most dog car ramps are made either of plastic or aluminium. This makes it for us to carry.
Below are the 7 best dog ramps in the market today.
- Solvit PetSafe Telescopic Dog Ramp.
- Pet Gear Travel Lite Tri-Fold Ramp with supertraX.
- Pet Gear Travel Lite Tri-Fold Reflective Ramp.
- Trixie Pet Ramp.
- Pet Ramp Safety Engineered by Doghealth.
- PetSafe Solvit Ultrlite Bi-Fold Pet Ramp.
- Pet Gear 2 Step Stairs